Re: [RedHotJazz] Ed Anderson passing date

  • Bob Smith
    Message 1 of 11 , May 19, 2010
      The Danish "Who's Who in Jazz" doesn't give a date of death for Ed Anderson in the 1969 edition. This means he was probably still alive in 1969, but can also mean that no information was found.

      Cheers

      Bob Smith

    • Agustin Perez Gasco
      Message 2 of 11 , May 20, 2010
        John Chilton's Who's Who of Jazz (1970) states that he's alive at that time: "...ceased playing several years ago, but continues to live in New York City".

        A fellow researcher checked the social security death index a few days ago, but couldn't find Ed Anderson. That could mean that he's still alive, but that's not the most probable event.

        Best regards,
        Agustín Pérez
        Madrid
        Mule Walk & Jazz Talk:  http://thereisjazzbeforetrane.blogspot.com/

        From: Bob Smith robert.smith@...

        Message 3 of 11 , May 20, 2010
          Thanks Bob & Agustin

          I have just tried the 'Jazz Museum In Harlem' which may also have contact to
          Dr Vollmer.

          I'll report any results