Re: Dancing Blues

  • rwondraschek
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2010
      Hi Michael,

      Yes, I do own the original OK 78.
      What happened on the Herwin reissue, in my opinion, is that the decent copy of the original 78 Klatzko used for reissue had some problems (very rough start, or even a rimbite), which (lacking a second copy of the 78) made it necessary to resort to a tape copy (in order to have the first few seconds of music), which played at a wrong speed - thus the amateurish-sounding slice-together.
      It didn't help that the remastering was done by Jerry Valburn, vasty inferior to Nick Perls! Nick was, in my opinion, the best sound engineer ever in the "78 to LP" game (even superior to John R.T. Davies).

      Ralph Wondraschek, Heidelberg, Germany