A nice band playing the style of New Orleans

  • tommersl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2010
      New Orleans Function Jazz, a young band (3 years) is now hot. I went to see them playing for the first time a few weeks ago, and fell in love with their play. Veteran clarinettist Jacques Sany (Sany was active in the 1940's and 1950's in Algeria and France New Orleans revival circles) joined the New Orleans Function Jazz Band as a guest to the show. A group of dancers reviving the Lindy Hop, Charleston and Swing Dances are following them wherever they play. I was highly surprised to see that they have fine players on all required spots, Banjo, Clarinet, Tromebone, Trumpet, Drums.

      A video of the rehearsing with clarinettist Sany right here:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtveKQnfrNs

      Tommer