Re: Introduction and question

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
      Ye-es, Howard, but wasn't the NO Rarities issue from around the mid-sixties? Sweet Fields was a part of Ken Colyer's repertoire from the mid-fifties. It's probable that he heard the Eureka performing it in NO in 1952/53 and brought it back to Blighty, since when it has been, as Ken Gates puts it, part of the trad jazz songlist.
      Robert Greenwood

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
        Er, yes, I guess you are right about this. It certainly isn¹t comtemporary
        with the recording.

        on 27/03/2010 18:38, Robert Greenwood at robertgreenwood_54uk@...