Name that tune...

  • Bryan Wright
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2010
      I just got off the phone with Bob Erdos (of Stomp Off Records). He's
      trying to ID a tune played by the Prague Syncopated Orchestra on a
      cassette from the late 1970s. He played it over the phone for me. I
      couldn't name it, but I recorded it and told him I'd post it here to
      see if anyone else can name it. It's a pleasant "hot dance" tune.
      Please give it a listen and if you can identify it, please let me
      know! (I'm sorry for the low-fi, I recorded this from speakerphone!)

      http://www.claxtonola.com/mystery/mystery-jazz-piece.mp3

      If the file fails to load completely in your browser, you can download
      it by going here:

      http://www.claxtonola.com/mystery/

      and right-clicking the filename to download.

      Thanks,
      Bryan W.
    • Pavel Pitra
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2010
        Hello Bryan,

        Pavel Klikar, the conductor of the Original Prague Syncopated
        Orchestra says that it is a recording of Pretty Baby, arranged by
        himself, some 30+ years ago, indeed.

        Hope this helps...

        Cheers, Pavel

        ---