Re: Georgia Strutters - May 23, 1927 Harmony session

  • serapion@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 18, 2010
      I suspect Rex's musical priorities might have differed from Dan's, I don't know for sure, but SLOPPY doesn't seem to match any notion I have ever gathered as to Rex's playing.
      What does Dan believe Rex ought to have been doing which he wasn't doing???
      I don't want to start an argument, pn the contrary I want a little more clarification. I wonder what Guy Barker, composer-performer of a reverential pastiche of Rex, would make of "sloppy"?

      blue skies and warm weather to all us deprived Europeans anyway!

      Rr

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Dan Van Landingham <danvanlandingham@...> wrote:

      > Rex Stewart was never a favourite of mine.I found his playing rather sloppy.I found a French RCA LP of
      > Fletcher Henderson and,as with the stuff he did with Ellington,he never impressed me.I have a nice Blue-
      > bird 78 of "Passion Flower".Nice tune,sloppy playing.

    • Claes-Göran Axelsson
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2010
        Problem with redhotjazz.com, does anyone recognize it?
        I have been streaming and downloading music for years but have got problems
        the last months. Ca 4 Mbit/s should be enough, but it gets interupted
        several times pro minute like buffering. When listening to Youtube I don�t
        have this problem.
        cgaxelsson@...