Re: [RedHotJazz] Jabbo Smith with Tom Morris

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2010
      Hi Yves,
      I'm not necessarily suggesting that Raines told Jabbo anything, more
      that others already had. Jabbo seems to have toured Europe quite
      extensively in the mid-late 1970s and my guess is that many collectors
      he met during this period told him that his first session had been with
      Morris and told him the titles "Ham Gravy" and "Georgia Grind". When
      Jabbo encountered Gaines, he just repeated what he had been told by
      others. Maybe when he had time to think about the matter, he realised
      that he didn't remember the session himself.

      Thus the question, where the entries in the discography originally came
      from. Quite complicated, so I hope I've been able to explain.

      All the best,

      Michael