R: [RedHotJazz] King David's Jug Band Info

  • levi.marco@libero.it
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2010
      I've searched and searched and could not find one picture or any information on the members of King David's Jug Band. Am I searching in vain or is there something out there? Cheers!

      > Hello. I've found this poor information in Brian Rust's Discography:

      KING DAVID'S JUG BAND

      Stovepipe No. 1 (Samuel Jones), v, stovepipe / King David (believed to be a pseudonym for David Crockett), g /
      md / 2 unknown v added*. Atlanta, December 11, 1930.
      404664-A What's That Tastes Like Gravy?
      OK 8913
      404665-A Rising Sun Blues
      OK 8913
      404666-B Sweet Potato Blues
      OK 8901
      404667-A *Tear It Down - no k used
      OK 8861
      404668-A I Can Deal Worry
      OK 8901
      404669-A *Georgia Bo Bo - 2 jugs used
      OK 8861
      BEST REGARDS.
      MARCO

    • CJ Tobias
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2010
        Thanks for the info. Anything helps in my questing for the identity of these
        elusive characters.
        -Kasper

      • serapion@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2010
          apologies, I see my previous mail didn't as expected carry my signature -- or indeed include a link to the CD

          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cincinnati-Blues-Various-Artists/dp/B00005AKN3/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1263654864&sr=8-2

          all the very best,
          Robert R. Calder