King David's Jug Band Info

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2010
      I've searched and searched and could not find one picture or any information on the members of King David's Jug Band. Am I searching in vain or is there something out there? Cheers!
    • serapion@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2010
        See
        Going to Cincinnati: A History of the Blues in the Queen City (The Greater Cincinnati Bicentennial History) by Steven C Tracy

        If this link doesn't work try googling

        Cincinnati stovepipe

        It was from the same volume, sampled in Google Books, that I first found out about the legendary Jesse James of LONESOME DAY BLUES.

        All the recordings of Stovepipe No. 1 are on a two-CD set I once picked up at a felicitously preposterous price, aka dirt cheap, from either amazon or ebay.

        http://books.google.com/books?id=OGyWw-M5wFsC&pg=PA8&lpg=PA8&dq=stovepipe+No.1++cincinnati&source=bl&ots=4fCkg8CjSI&sig=8SDBxILFRvJ6zCFLXYG06W2QeBo&hl=en&ei=qnVQS57yFpq60gSxkvyxCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CBsQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=stovepipe%20No.1%20%20cincinnati&f=false