RE: [RedHotJazz] Sorry (Fletcher Henderson)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
      Hello Michael

      Just got round to this. First, I struggle to hear a third trumpet as per
      Rust. I would go with Stark although Chilton has him not joining Henderson
      till 1928. The solo is compatible to solos on Dixie Stompers session 6 April
      1928 attributed to Stark although also present was Rex, whose distinctive
      stamp is elsewhere in evidence. Also, according to Chilton, Rex had left
      Fletcher in 1927 and was playing for brother Horace.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2010
        Hi Dave,

        KB Rau sprang the question of the soloist on me just before I put the question to the list. Independently of each other, we both came to the conclusion that it was Stewart and not Stark as per Walt Allen. I hear a similiarity to Stewart's solo on "The Stampede". Maybe KB would like to put his reasons foward too.

        Michael