Misspelled link in RHJ archive

  • jbcoffin@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2009
      Howdy y'all;

      The note below bounced back to me after I tried to send it to Scott Alexander via the link on the RHJ homepage. I don't know who might be in a position to fix the error, but anyone can find the song with the correct address.

      Scott;

      Sorry to nitpick, but the link to If You Can't Hold The Man You Love is mispelled thus:
      pnm://ra1.technoir.net/technoir/jazz/songs/Ellington/wash/wash/ifyoucantholdthemanyoulove.ra

      Removing the extra 'wash/' opens the file just fine:
      pnm://ra1.technoir.net/technoir/jazz/songs/Ellington/wash/ifyoucantholdthemanyoulove.ra

      I don't think most users would find the solution alone.

      Thanks so much for maintaining this wonderful site.

      John Coffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2009
        Thanks, John, and welcome to the group.

        Unfortunately, the reply is still the same : as far as we know, Scott is the
        only person in charge of the website. We haven't been able to get in touch
        with him for over a year, and none of us has the "keys" to investigate the
        server's content, or correct faulty links.
        Although he did not create this group, Scott has been a member of it and its
        "godfather" (not sure he'd like the phrase ;) from the start; we have no
        explanation for his silence and keep hoping that nothing serious happened to
        him.
        Any idea where or whom to ask would be welcome, but the question was already
        raised a while ago so this is only a public reminder - or call for help.