Teachout's Louis

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Has anyone yet looked into Pops: the Wonderful World of Louis Armstrong by Terry Teachout? Among several things about it that have made me purse my lips & frown is the photograph on page 168 identified by the author as a 1931 snapshot of Louis revisiting Jane Alley. The photograph is not very well reproduced but I'm not so sure it's from 1931. It might be worth comparing it with the photographs of Louis taken on that same tour by Preston Jackson and reproduced in Trombone Man. I think the Teachout photo was taken later than 1931. Anyone?
      Robert Greenwood.