Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: JacksonŽs Southern Stompers

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2009
      K.B.,

      You're definitely right about the Williams reed players (see our never-ending thread about the clarinet on "Red Hot Flo"). There are many sessions around that time where the identity of the reed players hasn't been resolved satisfactorily.

      As a caveat we should remember that Lord's publication was prepared by a serialised discography by the Storyville team, who presumably had long and controversial listening sessions. Of course, we have wonderful transfers at our disposal (and hopefully good ears;-).
      All the best,

      Michael