Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: JacksonŽs Southern Stompers .. and an erratum note re: grammar and spelling

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2009
      Yves, KB and all,

      I've always thought of Leonard Davis mainly as a lead trumpeter - and it's difficult to find other examples of his solo playing (e.g. with Don Redman), but you're right, he is an excellent trumpeter who should have recorded more. He plays very well behind Teagarden's vocal on "I'm Gonna Stomp..".

      On your p.s.: I don't think we really need to worry too much about language until we decide to publish things. Patrice is French, but a professeur of English I think, I'm German and my first language really is German, although I cheated by going to England at two, but there are list members who actually studied at posh English universities and I'm sure are willing to help if there really is any need.

      All the best

      Michael