Re: [RedHotJazz] JSP 600s

  • Al and Sondra
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2004
      From: "Patrice Champarou" <patrice.champarou@...>
      To: <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 2:13 PM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] JSP 600s

      > > Bonjour Patrice,
      > 'Tag, Michael!
      >
      > I still have plenty to learn, the only ukulele "performance" I ever heard
      > was Victoria Spivey in 63 - from the record, I empress to add, my first AFBF
      > was only 66 (Sob! I've never seen SBW...;)

      >snip<

      You might want to look at the hundreds of records made by Cliff Edwards "Ukulele
      Ike"...many with his "hot Combination".
      He recorded with Red Nichols, Adrian Rollini, Miff Mole, Dick McDonough, Vic
      Berton. Andy Sannella, Joe Tarto and many other
      jazz stars. Listed under Cliff Edwards in Brian Rust's "Jazz Records"
      discography.

      Al Simmons