Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Ernest Virgo/Nelson, was: Oh no, not Flo again

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2009
      > I've just seen Michael Rader's correction to the sleeve note
      > ascription for the "Flo" band i/d: Richard Rains, not John Capes.
      > Good. He's an easier man to contactÂ…

      So can anyone contact him? While he sounds quite positive about the identification of the Wade band, he doesn't say why. The note on personnel with the Retrieval LP does not actually refer to the "Flo" session (which isn't on the LP), but to two others with Eva Taylor, and for one there is actually the suggestion that the personnel could include "Big Charlie Thomas". Who did the personnel listings for the Retrieval LPs, by the way? Howard thinks it wasn't Dave Gladen in this case and there are no credits I was able to find.

      I also briefly ran through Storyvilles 13 - 16 which have some of Eva Taylor's memories, including having recorded with Johnny Dodds, but could find no reference either to the "Flo" session or to the Wade band. As for her memory, she remembered some details very well, e.g. that Evelyn Peer was called that and not Preer. The "New Grove" entry als lists an article by Dick Sudhalter (as Art Napoleon) in Jazz Journal, but apart from that nothing which could contain material from any interviews with collectors.

      Neu: WEB.DE DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
      http://produkte.web.de/go/02/