RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Ernest Virgo/Nelson, was: Oh no, not Flo again

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2009
      > So the second 'phantom' to be laid at the door of poor Eva who was
      > probably
      > worn out by the discographical mafia.
      >
      > A classic example of the school of discography which, upon hearsay of
      > dubious memory, will scour the shelves to find an 'unknown' session
      > to fit.

      Be that as it may, I should correct the sleeve note writer to Richard Rains, who doesn't actually say that the information came from Eva. This came from Dave Gladen and the notes to Retrieval LP 121, which state that "Eva Taylor is reported to have said...".

      Incidentally, Eva recalled in Storyville that she had recorded at some point with Johnny Dodds (No, and I don't think he's a candidate for Flo).

      Michael