The Buddy Bolden Band photograph

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009
      For those who have been kept awake at night worrying over the subject of the Buddy Bolden Band photograph and the conundrum of its correct presentation, i.e. which way round should we be seeing it, etc., an article in the current issue of The Jazz Archivist may be of interest. The author, Dr Gerhard Kubik, concludes that the photograph represents a composite of two photographs with one half reversed to make a (nearly) convincing montage. I think he may be on to something hereĀ…
      Robert Greenwood