Re: Really The Blues

  • robertgreenwood_54uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2009
      Yes, I agree. Wolfe's is an absurdly reductionist view, and not one that I hold, but one, I think, Mezzrow himself invites us to entertain when reading the meretricious rubbish that is Really the Blues. Mezzrow presents African-Americans as caricatures; he patronises African-American culture; he glamorises poverty and the demoralisation that goes with poverty.
      Robert Greenwood.