Re: Fats Waller 1941 touring band?

  • John O
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 17, 2009
      from 'Fats In Fact' p 258:

      "Two entries in the International Musician for November 1941 may relate to engagements on the tour mentioned above. The reports are from Local 123, Richmond, Virginia and Local 543, Baltimore, Maryland. The first gives: Fats Waller, Eugene Sedric, David McRae, Theodore McCord, Herman Autrey, J.B. Hamilton, Herbert Flemming, George Wilson, Albert Casey, Cedric Williams, Wilmore Jones, Bob Williams and Jimmy Powell (all of 802) and the second notes all the above names but substitutes Cedric Wallace for Cedric Williams which suggests that the latter is simply an error. Note that Slick Jones is still present."