Louis Armstrong and slide whistle

  • bootsy_rir
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 6:26 PM
      Hi,
      I keep reading two different versions on who played the slide whistle on songs like Sobbin' Blues - most say it was Louis Armstrong, others say it was Baby Dodds.

      I have seen all kinds of stuff, e.g. arguments that there is a short moment with only one trumpet/cornet before Louis joins in which "is proof" that is was Louis, but in another song (which I can't remember right now) I noticed that I couldn't hear any drums at all, so either could be true...

      Does anyone have any notes from musicians of the time who were present and wrote down who played what in these cases?

      Thanks!

      Richard Lund