Re: [RedHotJazz] Blues Banjo

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2009
      From: "Charles Bihun" <csintala79@...>
      To: <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 1:25 AM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Blues Banjo

      > I found that song on youtube, which, I admit, isn't a rigorous reference
      > source. However, t
      > his song is shown under Johnson's discography on redhotjazz.com: Paramount
      > 12700-B, 9/1928.

      Oops! *I* made the mistake this time, thinking I was reading Good Doin Daddy
      ;-)
      This is a very typical Jackson blues song, he adopted the same melody and
      accompaniment on many other ones.

      > Cannon did play the five string, and he at times used a knife as a slide,
      > as on "Poor Boy, Long Way From Home."

      I had mentioned this, but I tend to believe it was a one-time studio request
      or, er... experiment, not very convincing.

      ChukcB