Greta Woodson

  • hans.eekhoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 1:24 PM
      I have just been informed that Greta died at the age of 103.
      In case you don't know, Greta Woodson was the vocalist on the Jean Goldkette Victor "Just Imagine", recorded in July 1928.
      Through the years, many believed that Bix played the magnificent cornet solo on this side - but it is actually Sterling Bose.
      Three takes (two previously unissued) were released on Timeless CD 1084 "Jean Goldkette Bands 1924-1929". See:
      http://www.timelessjazz.com/product_info.php?products_id=547