Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Bix Beiderbecke and Cab Calloway & kazoolips

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2009
      It could just be old advertising copy being sent out by an agent not
      apprised of the current situation. Remember also that at this time
      bandleaders were sending out ³second bands² all the time (ŒHendersonia¹ has
      a whole chapter on Fletcher Henderson¹s various second bands) and that
      notions of misrepresentation were perhaps more elastic in those days.