Re: [RedHotJazz] Louis Armstrong "Got A Brand New Suit" - alternate take?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2009
      I'm In The Mood for Love and You Are My Lucky Star are both
      copybook-examples of the problem of physically different but musically
      identical takes.

      At least five physically different takes of I'm In The Mood for Love appear
      on Decca 579 (-AA, -C, -E, -F, and ­G according to Mosaic). Some of them at
      least have a different balance or other variations in the recorded signal,
      but they are all of the same performance. Early collectors had to rely on
      the take numbers in the wax to know what they¹d got and it was a long time
      before enough cooies of these and many other 30s Decca recordings could be
      brought together for people to realize what was happening.

      So Lord is right here.