Fingerbreaker

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5 2:00 PM
      Here is a great version of Zes Confrey's 1923 composition Nickel in the Slot. First time I hear of Bryan Wright, but this is a 5 star street performance!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaT_QM4kk8

      67

    • Dan Van Landingham
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 5:01 PM
        Regarding "Nickel In the Slot":is this the same tune from the late '30s?I have a 1938 Blue-
        bird 78 of the song by The Original Dixieland Jazz Band in my collection.By the way,what
        can you tell me the big band that the ODJB was a part of back in 1936?I have a Victor 78
        of "DId You Mean It?" in my collection.I also have a cassette tape which features the ODJB
        with trumpeter Bunny Berigan.LaRocca is asked about the then new music called "Swing"
        and he was all for it.