Re: Seymour Irick was Lord Let Me In The Lifeboat !

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 129 , Jul 1, 2009
      So I wonder if this incident might be the basis of the musical/movie, Chicago?

      > But very much a household name in African-America in 1929. He was front page
      > news when he was shot dead on 7 February 1929 by Mary Snepps, a white
      > taxi-dancer with whom he shared an apartment in the home of dancer Johnny
      > Hudgins. She apparently shot him after finding that he had two other
      > ³wives². Reports of the case reveal an amazing tangle. The defence managed
      > to present her as an injured innocent and a jury acquitted her of
      > manslaughter even though she told at least two different versions of what
      > happened.

    • Robert Greenwood
      Message 129 of 129 , Jul 6, 2009
        I am sure I speak for everyone associated with the RHJ list in wishing Dan all the best and in conveying our hopes for a swift recovery from surgery. Music is very therapeutic (among its many other qualities)and the discussions on this list concentrate & exercise the mind wonderfully. Mind you, Dan, they can also send up the blood pressure...All the very best; it's great to hear from you.
        Robert Greenwood.