Re: [RedHotJazz] looking for song identity- yes! or Si!

  • Fuel aFire
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
      You know what- after listening again, I think that you're right! The roots of the melody and rhythms are all there. Wow! There must be some novelty version of this out there somewhere. Patrice, this is a great target, and I think that you found the solution! Thanks!!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Fuel aFire <fuelafire@...> wrote:

        > You know what- after listening again, I think that you're right!
        > The roots of the melody and rhythms are all there. Wow! There must
        > be some novelty version of this out there somewhere. Patrice, this
        > is a great target, and I think that you found the solution! Thanks!!

        Well, as I attempted to say, you'd better thank Michael who knew about the most popular version, I guess you wouldn't have gone very far with my Cajun song ;-)

        I am posting from the group's webpage this time, because for some reason my ISP refuses to send some of my mails!

        My apologies to email subscribers who will receive the four blocked messages some day or other - which I will delete from the archives.
        I'll see if this one works, and post another one about the links I've been trying to mention for 24 hours!

        Patrice
      • Fuel aFire
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
          Ah, yes- thanks Michael for targeting the "Mama Inez"- it 's on the right path!

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
            Here it is: "Mama Inés" by the Havana Novelty Orchestra, 1930 (an in-house Victor band conducted by Nik Shilkret)
            http://www.dismuke.org/how/prev9-05.html

            thanks everyone