hot

  • veniero_molari
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2009
      To the negrophiles ( shoul I say African-American -philes?)I like to report the quotation by Bunk Johnson for his last 12 registrations for Columbia .I quote from the note written by Hector Stewart on the back of the LP.After claiming that Bunk in 1947 was dissatisfied with
      his old band,and finally was given the opportunity to record with a band of his choice:Ed Cuffee,Garvin Bushell,Don Kirkpatrick,Alphonso Steele,plus Wellman Braud and Danny Barker.The record was devoted to Ragtime and other standards (12 pieces).
      The only written arrangements used were for the rags."This music is hot as written"Bunk informed his men."You must play it as written"
      The Bunk's words (if properly reported)should give a deadly stroke to the various forumites discussing about swing ,cool (in Red Hot Jazz!!!!!!),resuming old opinions ofPanassiev,Delaunay,etc,people that had at their disposal the few records available in Europe in the thirties...Just to try a contribution from a traditional jazz lover
      (White,Negro,British,French,Italian) In spite of the natural dislexia of the writers,many of the players were Italian
      It was too long a post,sorry about that.Be free to use what you like of that.Hooray for the Red Hot Jazz and down with the bop,cool,free,etc. Veniero Molari
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2009
        > It was too long a post,sorry about that.Be free to use what you like of
        > that.Hooray for the Red Hot Jazz and down with the bop,cool,free,etc.

        Venerio, among the many reasons which have made the Red Hot Jazz group
        popular, active, instructive, open to discussion, and friendly, there is, I
        think, a "little" difference with all other Yahoo groups devoted to similar
        topices.
        Something very simple to understand : "hooray" never rhymed with "down with"
        anything.