T for Tony was T for Tommer

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2009
      Tony

      I still cherish a review of yours on Bunk in a 1962 Jazz Journal. It widened
      my understanding and enjoyment of the music, even when I serendipitously
      revisited it, frayed and brown, a few months back.

      This is the goal of criticism. I respect Jazz as an art equal to any other
      and expect the same rigour to be brought to it as to any other art. Max
      Harrison does that.

      I admire about all the figures you list, as contributors to our music, but
      not necessarily as critics.

      Tommer, and you, are quite entitled not to like Harrison's work but are not
      entitled to misrepresent it.