Re: [RedHotJazz] perfection & alia

  • Charles Bihun
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14 11:02 AM
      Venerio,

      What is even more ironic about the disdain for the banjo is it is the only instrument (except, obliquely, the drum set) that is clearly of African origin.

      Hot jazz is neither African nor European; it is an American amalgam of both, and it is greater than the sum of its parts.

      I also play the banjo, but the five string, assuming you either play the plectrum or tenor (could be wrong).

      Chuck Bihun