AW: [RedHotJazz] Re: Breaking Out of New Orleans

  • Rader, Michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2004
      What I should have said is that new releases are difficult to obtain. Every time a new release from Retrieval is announced as being available in a dealer's newsletter, you can almost hear the sigh of relief. I've been waiting for the double CD by the Original Memphis Five on Pathé for a couple of months now and I am also interested in another 2CD set by Mills' Blue Rhythm Band (always assuming that it doesn't duplicate the two HEP CDs). The only way to get them quickly seems to be buying from the US.
      Challenge, the company behind Retrieval, used to have a (fairly poorly designed) web site, from which it *was* possible to buy their wares eventually. Since the web-site has been down for redesign (we'll be back soon) for many months now, I assumed that they had folded and bought an item I had on order elsewhere. Then, out of the blue I received an e-mail from an organisation doing the selling for Challenge announcing that they would process my order "soon". In the meantime, the OM5 CD had been announced and I asked if I could cancel one item I had ordered (but since obtained elsewhere). They told me I could cancel, but would have to order from the website (which had gone done...)
      Michael Rader

      -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----