Re: Annette Hanshaw CDs

  • bobby1mcgee1970
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2009
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Gerard J. Fitzpatrick" <gfitzpatrick@...> wrote:

      > I learned this morning from Ren Brown of Worldsrecords.com that the long unavailable volume 7 of Sensation Records' Annette Hanshaw series (transfers by John R.T. Davies) is about to return. Ren says it's currently at the pressing plant and will be in his hands in 7-10 days. Price $14. I feel much better now after recently being outbid on Ebay for a used copy that sold for $42. Another copy is currently listed on Amazon for $75.
      >
      > On a related note, some of you who purchased the recent release of "Annette Hanshaw: My Inspiration Is You" (Sounds of Yesteryear) may have discovered that the tracklist on both the back of the liner notes and the back of the jewel case is wrong. The tracks are listed in almost the complete reverse of the actual sequence in which they play. There are also "digital artifacts" audible in several of the cuts (fortunately, those already available on the aurally superior volumes 5 & 6 of the Sensation series). I contacted the manufacturer to complain, and received a reply from John Bennett stating that a corrected version of the CD with "marginal improvement" in sound quality has been produced and that he would send me one gratis. Those of you with the defective original release can contact him at submers@...
      >
      > What a pity that Sensation never completed its intended 10-CD Hanshaw collection.
      >
      > Gerard J. Fitzpatrick

      It only shows how erratic the industry has become
    • David W. Littlefield
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2009
        IIRC--correct me if I'm wrong-- Sensation label was Jeff Healey, who
        died some years ago.

        I assume Hanshaw Vol. 7 is being re-released by Worlds Records.

        --Sheik

        At 03:40 PM 5/15/2009, 'Tws written:
        > > What a pity that Sensation never completed its intended 10-CD
        > Hanshaw collection.
        > >
        > > Gerard J. Fitzpatrick
        > >
        >It only shows how erratic the industry has become
      • Bobby McGee
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2009
          Worlds Records is an online music store and not a record label

          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2009
            Worlds Records' label is "Renovation". It issued Vol. 1 & 2 of George
            Olsen several years ago.

            --Sheik

            Message 5 of 6 , May 16, 2009
              I stand corrected, thanks!