Re: [RedHotJazz] personnel in Vitaphones

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14 4:32 AM
      Excellent, indispensible (and expensive) as Liebman¹s Vitaphone book is, it
      does not contain band personnels in the sense that I assume the enquirer is
      looking for. This is probably because they are not credited on the prints.
      There are occasional exceptions (e.g Vitaphone 827 by Norman Thomas
      Quintette) where I assume all particpants were regarded as principals.

      Neither Liebman nor the IMDb reference cited gives the personnel of The Hot
      Four on Vitaphone 2349 and I assume that¹s what the enquirer is looking for.

      Many of the later African-American band shorts from the 30s are described in
      full with personnels in the works of Klaus Stratemann.

      I suspect the main reason no one else has done this work is simply that the
      material has mostly been unavailable to work with.