[ADMIN] Rules, please! (was Emile Barnes (and "St Louis Blues" Shields) was Re: Willie Joseph)

    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 31, 2009
      > As for my name. Over on the right there, you'll see that this was posted
      > by "jtdyamond." Is that not enough for the time being? Lighten up, for
      > now, please....

      Hi, X, a.k.a. "for the time being"

      I thought David's kind reminder would relieve me from the task of sending
      you a serious warning, but seeing your reply I'm afraid "for the time being"
      is likely to turn into "how long?" in no time.

      You received the group's rules and recommendations as everyone else, didn't
      you? So calm down a bit and read them, they'll teach you a lot, like not
      sending 300 lines of unnecessary quotes as you did in your very first post
      to the group, and avoiding nasty comments when someone suggests you to
      behave like everybody else.

      I know, none of us is everybody else, but signing one's name is elementary
      politeness and we're not supposed to extract your identity from an email
      address, full stop (or period, for non-British)
      Introducing oneself before posting is also a custom here. Up to you if you
      don't want to, but you were a lot more talkative about yourself while
      requesting subscription, right?

      Sorry if the group-owner is such an unpleasant guy, but I've already seen
      great experts blow a Yahoo group into pieces because they weren't warned on
      time, and I won't reiterate the Linda experience for six months.

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 2, 2009
        Thanks to Patrice and really to Mr Dyamond. (?) The views of a practising
        musician are usually to be welcomed.

        Also definitely of value, first hand reports of what musicians, such as
        Willie, said about their music.

        I also recommend use of the Group archive. Threads tend to get spread and
        confused and Dodds in the 30s and the Shields solo have been discussed under
        several headers.

        A search with musician's name will produce all relevant posts.

      • silverleafjb
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 16, 2009
          I think Willie was winding you up...

          Cheers,