Re: Seminole Syncopators

  • John O
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2009
      OK, the Red Hot Jazz Archive shows:

      Sailing On Lake Pontchartrain (Emmet Walsh-Nell / Billy Wrigley)

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "John O" <spacelights@...> wrote:

      > who (if anyone) might be credited as composer of "Sailing On Lake Ponchartrain"?
    • John O
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 22, 2009
        Thanks Yves, I just saw your message... Yes, I found it strange the Frog DGF 69 essay (about the Missourians) didn't mention these groups, nor Harry Cooper. Still, it's great to have these sides reissued together.

        I agree, much fantastic work by Cooper--his two sessions with Ellington (March 1926) quite intriguing as well.

        Cheers,

        John

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 22, 2009
          And that¹s roughly what it says on Okeh 40228 as well, actually Emmet
          Walsh-Nell and Bill Wrigley. Blue Grass Blues is credited to Blly
          Meyer-Elmer Schoebel. This from label scans I¹ve taken from eBay sometime.