Today is Bix's birthday.

  • Albert Haim
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2009
      Bix Beiderbecke was born 106 years ago, on March 10, 1903.

      I will celebrate by listening to the 24-hour Bix broadcast over WKCR at 89.9 Mhz (New York City area) and streaming in the internet at
      http://www.columbia.edu/cu/wkcr/
      Later I will watch the Fox Movietone newsreel with the only sound film footage of Bix.
      Thank you for your musical legacy, friend Bix. Rest in peace.

      Albert