Re: Digest Number 132

  • folke613
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hi Chaz,
      Here is a way to listen to the Red Hot Jazz archives in your car etc:
      There are many recording programs available where you can record a
      tune in real time (just like the olden days with tape recorders) .
      Afterwards, you can play them back on Windows Media Player or burn
      them to a CD.
      There is a sophisticated recording program called Acoustica, which
      will let you try it for free for 30 days. Then you have to buy it
      for $35.00. Do a Google search on recorders, or check C-Net etc to
      see what is available.
      My old Windows ME had a great recording program, but when I upgraded
      to XP, Microsoft jinxed it, due to the present policies of the
      recording industry. However, to record in real time is not file
      sharing, but I am not familiar with all the legal aspects.

      - In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, chaz_2053@c... wrote:
      > Jazz lovers, I just wanted to tell you that I have been listening
      at the "key hole" for a couple of months, and I cannot believe the
      knowledge that each of you have. It would appear that 99.8% of the
      members have been professionals, and it really shows. I am a
      listener---specifically of dixieland jazz for some reason. I think
      it is because I can still understand most of the words. I am 70
      years old, partially disabled, and you give me much, much pleasure
      each day. You and Red Hot Jazz.com. Boy, if I could only find some
      way to make some of that music into MP3 or wave to download on
      Windows Media Player, I would have a bigger collection than I do
      now.
      > You have introduced me to so many names, and it is great to flip
      over and listen to them play ----from 1918 or so. WOW! We do live
      in a great time to be alive.

      > Thank you again for the pleasure and the knowledge you have
      bestowed on me. Haven't always understood all of it, but I am
      slowly catching on