Re: [RedHotJazz] Possibly off topic: Lewis Ruth Band?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2009
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Wouter Maréchal" <wouter.marechal@...>
      To: <RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 2:51 PM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Possibly off topic: Lewis Ruth Band?

      >>>The apparently plays on this song, so I'm guessing it
      > would be the guitarist who was a member of that organization. I have
      > no idea who that would be, and a search of the internet provides no clue.

      I found a very interesting site which, unless I missed something, does not
      provide names... but explains that each of the 7 players from Lewis Ruth
      Band played several instruments.
      http://www.threepennyopera.org/music.php#orch
      You can click on the picture and read that "player V" took banjo, bandoneon,
      cello, guitar, hawaiian guitar, and mandolin.
      Maybe the author of the site would be glad to provide more details, or this
      site itself could be a starting point for further investigations.

      Patrice (only owing the Jan. 1958 version)