Re: [RedHotJazz] YouTube - Ozzie Nelson Orchestra - It's Gonna Be You (1932)

  • Dan Van Landingham
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
      The recording I referred to was Nelson's 1938 Bluebird recording "Says My Heart" with a
      Harriet Hilliard vocal.I can't see the resemblence to Bea Wain.Harriet Hilliard reminded
      me more of an ex Bunny Berigan and Glenn Miller singer named Gail Reese.Reese cut a
      number of sides on Victor with Berigan(late 1937 to early March 1938)and on Brunswick
      with Miller of Why'd Ya Make Me Fall in Love),"Says My Heart" was reissued years ago
      by Reader's Digest in a ten record set called "The Great Band Era".I have a few copies
      of the whole ten record set.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
        That's a great thumbnail bio on Ozzie Nelson;thanks for the info.Ricky Nelson was exactly
        11 years older than me(we were both born on 8 May).

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
          Hi!

          I guess it is because they both had that sensuous "femme fatale" voice??

          JMHO

          Robbi