Re: [RedHotJazz] YouTube - Ozzie Nelson Orchestra - It's Gonna Be You (1932)

  • Roberta Dehlinger
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2009
      Hi!

      Thanks for the link, it is appreciated:)

      I just figured since we have so many downloaded sides on the site that maybe we could download some of his, along with adding him to the band list?

      Take care!

      Robbi

      ________________________________
      From: "Roberta Dehlinger" <robbi496@...>
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] YouTube - Ozzie Nelson Orchestra - It's Gonna Be
      You (1932)

      Hi Duncan!

      Thanks for the info about Ozzie's Band!

      Be nice is we could download some sides now??

      Robbi Dehlinger

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
        The recording I referred to was Nelson's 1938 Bluebird recording "Says My Heart" with a
        Harriet Hilliard vocal.I can't see the resemblence to Bea Wain.Harriet Hilliard reminded
        me more of an ex Bunny Berigan and Glenn Miller singer named Gail Reese.Reese cut a
        number of sides on Victor with Berigan(late 1937 to early March 1938)and on Brunswick
        with Miller of Why'd Ya Make Me Fall in Love),"Says My Heart" was reissued years ago
        by Reader's Digest in a ten record set called "The Great Band Era".I have a few copies
        of the whole ten record set.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
          That's a great thumbnail bio on Ozzie Nelson;thanks for the info.Ricky Nelson was exactly
          11 years older than me(we were both born on 8 May).

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
            Hi!

            I guess it is because they both had that sensuous "femme fatale" voice??

            JMHO

            Robbi