More jazz in the movies- "The Nightingales"-Tin Can Henry band?

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2005
      When i visited and did a cassette tape recorded interview of singer
      Baby Mack on April 7, 1984 she told me she was a good friend of "Tin
      Can" Henry Allen and allowed me to make negatives of some pictures of
      him and his band which later became the Paul Howard Quality Serenaders
      who recorded for Victor in 1929 after Tin Can Henry died in 1928.I just
      uploaded a picture of Tin Can Henry's band taken at a movie studio-The
      picture has saxophone player Paul Howard 2nd from the left,trumpet
      player George Orendorff 4th from the left,Tin Can Henry 5th from
      left,banjo player Thomas Valentine 7th from left-There is a sign over
      the drum that reads "The Nightingales".This could either be the name of
      the band or the name of the film the band was appearing in.I have never
      seen this picture publihed before anywhere- Linda