Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: 'Red Hot Jazz Archive' .ram files in Linux

  • bigbeark@rogers.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2009
      Mike:

         The plugin needed is actaully the "Mozilla-Mplayer" plug-in. I selected this from the Ubuntu Application download.

      Perhaps Mandriva has the same thing. You might try Updating your Mandriva software. You click on the Icon on the bottom taskbar, log in as ROOT using your password then click on Update Software Icon. There are two Icons, one downloads all the updates, the other lets you select updates.
      Try the single updates first, if still no go, try the full download - it takes 20 minutes or so.

      If you find  "Mozilla Mplayer" that's what you want. Be sure to select all the Mplayer updates to ensure it works.

      I'm Not handy to my Linux machines at the moment, but will be later this evening, so email me if this doesnt work for you

      Ubuntu is a very slow download - about 2 hours, and is much more sensitive to a faulty CD burner than Mandriva. Burning the ISO was also slow for me.
      By contrast you can burn the Mandriva ISO with almost any Burner and Burning Application. For Ubuntu, I use K3B to burn the ISO, Nero doesn't work. Yet I successfully used Nero to burn my originall copy of Mandriva.

              Barry

      ________________________________
      From: velostigmat <bigbeark@rogers. com>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 4:24 PM

      Hi:

      I am also a Mandriva user, and it didn't work for me either so I

      downloaded Ubuntu 8.10 and the Mplayer and they play fine under

      Ubuntu, but not Mandriva.

      You can install Ubuntu 8.10 on your machine in a dual-boot

      configuration, preserving Mandriva.

      Ask me any questions if you want to try this

      Barry

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2009