Re: [RedHotJazz] The Gilt-Edged Four.

  • Pavel Pitra
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2009
      Hi Peter and all,

      the only tune recorded by The Gilt Edged Four
      that I have is Yiddisher Charleston (Col 4311) on
      the Frémeaux CD (FA 025) "Yiddish 1910-1940". A
      great hot recording, although the Nathan Glanz
      version (e.g. on "From Avenue A to the Great
      White Way: Yiddish & American Popular Songs"
      (Columbia CD 86323) is probably better. I
      definitely would describe this as jazz, or at
      least hot dance. I would love to have more
      recordings by this band, but have unfortunately
      never come accross any others...

      All the best, and a very good new year to everyone!

      Cheers, Pavel
    • Mordechai Litzman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2009
        Found two more recordings by The Gilt Edged Four on YouTube (as well as the one you mentioned). Both recordings feature the band accompanying singers. Hope this helps.

        If my sweetie came back to you
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgCrj5rT8LA

        Glad Rag Doll
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDW6Ix2c3xk

        Yiddisher Charleston
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDW6Ix2c3xk

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 23, 2009
          The URL for Charleston does not paste in for some reason, so just go to YouTube and type in Yiddisher Charleston and it will play.