Re: [RedHotJazz] Willie Joseph

  • Duncan
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 21, 2009
      I don't pipe up very often but follow the discussions often; I found this trace of the Joseph family and thought I'd pass it on:
      http://www.frenchcreoles.com/CreoleCulture/famouscreoles/Don%20Vappie/don%20vappie.htm

      "...Born in 1956, Vappie comes from the unique Creole heritage of New Orleans that is so often overlooked (Jelly Roll Morton and King Oliver were Creole). His great-uncles "Papa" John and Willie "Kaiser" Joseph were among the earliest jazz musicians, and their descendent, Stanley Joseph, Vappie's long time drummer, is proof that music still runs strong in the Joseph blood. ..."

      Regards,
      Duncan
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2009