Re: [RedHotJazz] Willie Joseph

    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 21, 2009
      Would there be anything in census records or has a draft card been found (Howard, Bob?). Does anyone know if Bill Russell looked for him in his search for a "new
      Johnny Dodds", and if so, why he wasn't recorded in the 1944-50 period.

      Willie and Papa John Joseph as well as Earl Fouché were cousins of the mother of Dr. Michael White, the contemporary Doddsian clarinetist, by the way.

      Michael Rader

      > According to New Orleans Jazz: A Family Album, Willie ŒKaiser¹ Joseph
      > was b.
      > St. James Parish, c.1892, died N.O. 1951. He is the younger brother
      > of Papa
      > John Joseph. Worked in the teens with Bebé Ridgley, in the 30s with
      > Willie
      > Pajeaud.
      >
      > Charters¹ Jazz New Orleans records he was killed in an automobile
      > accident
      > and also notes him working Œjitney jobs² with Percy Humphrey in the
      > 30s. He
      > moved out of N.O. In the 40s and was killed on a visit to friends.
      > Charters
      > doesn¹t even suggest a birth date.

      Deutschlands größte Online-Videothek schenkt Ihnen 12.000 Videos!*
      http://entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/maxdome/index.html
    • levi.marco@libero.it
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2009