Re: [RedHotJazz] Willie Joseph

    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 21, 2009
      According to New Orleans Jazz: A Family Album, Willie ŒKaiser¹ Joseph was b.
      St. James Parish, c.1892, died N.O. 1951. He is the younger brother of Papa
      John Joseph. Worked in the teens with Bebé Ridgley, in the 30s with Willie
      Pajeaud.

      Charters¹ Jazz New Orleans records he was killed in an automobile accident
      and also notes him working Œjitney jobs² with Percy Humphrey in the 30s. He
      moved out of N.O. In the 40s and was killed on a visit to friends. Charters
      doesn¹t even suggest a birth date.

    • levi.marco@libero.it
      Message 48 of 48 , Mar 2, 2009