Re: Breaking Out of New Orleans

  • robertgreenwood_54uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
      Since you ask, Michael, I have the Celestins and the Morgans on Jazz
      Oracle, the Jones-Collins Astoria Hot 8s (including the alternative
      takes) and the Louis Dumaine Jazzola 8s on Frog, the complete Armand
      Piron's New Orleans Orchestra on Azure, and the Keppards on
      Retrieval. All except for the Pirons (the work, I think, of Dave
      Bennett) were remastered by John RT Davies. I wouldn't like to
      speculate on the sources for the JSP set, but the sound is
      comparable. I must admit I bought the JSP for the Bootblacks and the
      Wanderers, but it is a useful and affordable set for those who do not
      already own the CD issues listed above.
      Robert Greenwood.