Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Jack Teagarden's Orchestra on the TOPS label. hey wait!

  • bernice joffe
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2008
      cause he went to france with bob hope momma said and that is when he died about
      1945-6
      I have one recording - I'llget it from my sister- and post the name proud- darn right I am .because of him and my mom - my grandmother- I have my love of music
      I have one picure of his band- if any one is interested I'll uploaded it
      many thanks
      bernice joffe

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2008
        Hi All!

        I am sorry I don't post often here, but I do follow a number of the threads and am amazed at the breadth of knowledge of bands making up the RedHotJazz Forum.

        That said, I have missed part of the Jack Teagarden Orch. discussion, but it seems to be focusing on a big band he led c.1944-c.46.  He also led a full size band in the late 30s and early 40s.  I have two LPs - Jack Teragarden & His Orch: "Rompin' and Stompin'" (Swing Era Records LP-1020)...and Jack Teagarden & His Orch: "It's Time For Teagarden" (Sounds of Swing LP-111) - featuring 1939 - 1945.

        Val Salata is listed on trumpet in 7 tunes from Aug. 1944:  Time Out, Pied Piper, Rompin' and Stompin', Hindustan, Harlem Jump, Swing Without Words, and Well, of Course.  I haven't had the chance to play them, but I do think at least some of these cuts on these LPs are air checks.

        I hope something here adds to the JT discussion.

        Two cents from
        Bob Blackard

        PS:  My email propgram won't let me clip any of the original messages, so they all follow below.  Sorry.

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2008
          gosh

          how can i get a copy of of it?

          as i write this i am about to cry- my mom and bubba never had any recordings that my sister
          alice and i could find