Movie Stars and Jazz- Buster Keaton + Chico Marx

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2005
      I just uploaded 2 pictures of Movie Stars connections with jazz bands-
      One is Buster Keaton playing a saxophone with Abe Lyman's Band and the
      other is Chico Marx fronting the Ben Pollack Orchestra- Interesting.-
      The Lyman-Buster Keaton picture didn't upload too clearly- If you want
      me to send you a clearer scan of the pic e-mail me and i will send it
      back by return e-mail- Linda
    • sahfen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2005
        Buster Keaton's mother, Myra Keaton, maybe has been the first white woman
        who played a saxophone professionally in the jazz history.
        Around the end of 19th Century she played cornet, saxophone, piano and
        other brass instruments on vaudeville circuits.

        Nicola